Soliciting feedback from JNow Mount Owners

I have not upgraded to this version yet and have not seen this bug but I wonder what changes in SGP could have triggered this? My best guess would have to be the latest build of TSX, which is one later than I am using. I will see what your action on the SB forum does…

Bill - I do not think it has anything to do with SGP - but it might be something to do with TSX revisions. I’ll roll back and see what happens.

Plus 1 on several successful solve/sync/centers last night with:

SGP 2.4.1.2 w/PinPoint for plate solve
AP1100 mount/APCC/APV2 ASCOM driver
1650-ish mm for focal length
PHD 2.5.0pre3

First night for me to get this all working together.

Thanks a bunch!
Craig

Not working for me in 2.4.1.3 using EQMOD.

[4/12/2015 11:06:50 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Astrometry.NET - Solve Completed
[4/12/2015 11:06:50 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Astrometry.NET - Solve Successful
[4/12/2015 11:06:50 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Plate solving scope frame successful, scope is synced, writing FITs header info…
[4/12/2015 11:06:50 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Telescope: Syncing to J2000 RA: 11.8194669314 Dec: 14.586224077
[4/12/2015 11:06:50 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Telescope Sync: Passed in J2000 but mount requires JNOW, converting…
[4/12/2015 11:06:50 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Telescope: Syncing to JNOW RA: 11.8329072008605 Dec: 14.499459531645
[4/12/2015 11:06:50 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Attempting to write fits header info for

HI,
yesterday i also came to use the new beta with eq6/eqmod , cdc V3.10…
now it worked with the jnow feature…that is not supported but handled in the beta…
and for solving i found in CDC in option-map coordinates…i had to set to ecliptic/astrometry J2000 and …copy the coordinates to sgpro …BANG!!!
the galaxy is within 20 px…great…here is the log also now im very pleased with SGpro…great tool/Developer Crew!
Cs from GER
PS:SOON New Customer;)
are there banners for Webpages that i can use?sg_logfile_20150412213802.txt (625.0 KB)

Very interesting Werner ! I also use cdc v3.1 and fail to get any target in the crosshair with SGP, Ansvr plate solve and EQmod.

Will try your settings with J2000…

Brice…
look here in this setting…

befor that M101 was the whole galaxy shifted to the north…see other pictures from me…now its in the “bulls eye” :wink:

so with sgpro i will get much more pictures as i can process with Pixinsight;)

My original testing was with an old version of EQMOD, I’ve just downloaded the current version and it is fine. There’s an option to set the equatorial system in the setup dialog.

Chris.

Thank you guys !

Chris, which one for accurate results with Ansvr plate solve and SGP ?

Epoch Unknown or J2000 ?

2 steps forward…

Set both EQASCOM and SGP to J2000 and now syncs are, um, in sync. Only remaining piece is Sky Safari on the iPad is now off. Worked fine with EQASCOM set to JNOW. Changing the epoch in SF doesn’t seem to do anything. I’ll take where I am for the moment but for once in my astrophoto life I’d like everything to work at the same time. I know, I dream big!

Buzz,
I spoke with Richard and Steve Bisque at NEAF about the issues you have been reporting and they were not aware of the problem. You may want to bring it up again in the forum.

I see that you got the conversation going again over at SB and I was planning on waiting until that got ironed out, but I decided to give it a try. So for two sessions now using SGP 2.4.1.3, Phd 2.5 and SkyX build 8805 ( the latest) everything seems to be working well, including T-point and Protract. I also have been using the Starlight Xpress SXV driver in Phd for my Lodestar X2, always have.

Hi, Ken:

I got a chance to try the release out just last night and things look promising, although I had a few questions.

I’m using a CGE Pro mount, with recent firmware, which I understand uses JNow coordinates internally by default. I run a local instance of Astrometry.net server on my imaging laptop and it is configured to use JNow coordinates in the solves.

Am I correct in understanding that when SGP requests a solve from Astrometry.net and gets back JNow coordinates it can tell this from the metadata in the response and convert it to J2000 for its own use, so I’m free to leave Astrometry.net speaking JNow? Similarly does SGP send its hint to Astrometry.net in J2000 coordinates exclusive? Should I tell Astrometry.net to use J2000 in its api/config web page?

I found that “Center Here” would miss what I was going for by just a little bit. I didn’t have time to try it in different regions of the sky to get a feel for whether that was a JNow vs J2000 quirk since the size of the effect will vary depending on where one is pointing. The step by step progress report shows very small pixel and rotation errors during the Validate step so SGP is agreeing with itself at least even if the visual center of my image isn’t ending up on exactly the star I clicked on to center.

I hope to mess with it more tonight.

Also hookup to PHD2 2.5.0 performed flawlessly last night. It definitely seemed more robust than the last time I had it out.

No, SGPro speaks J2000 only. You need to configure astrometry.net to return that.

Bingo! Thanks. “Center Here” worked like a charm last night.

Glad you got it working. Just as a general note… any location input into SGPro whether it be from another application (like ANSVR) or hand entered, must be in J2000. We will convert on the way out, but at the application level have standardized on J2000.

1 Like