Target timeline graph for planning the sequence

I humbly submit a request for a graph, accessible in the sequence, that would display a line graph showing the active targets:

1 - Each target would be a “green” line between the start and end time of the target.
2 - If a targets “time left” is less than the total time allowed by the start/end times, the remaining time would be “red”
3 - If a target ends after the beginning of the next target, the overlap portion of the latter target would be displayed in orange and the real start time (green) would be the real starting point if #2 above is in play.
4 - Top line in “blue” would be representative of time between the “Astro end” and “Astro Start” times so we can better see if our start and end targets are bleeding into the “not so dark” regions of the twilight hours.

I believe this can be a link to the graph in the sequence, much like the “Planning tools” is under each target.

This would also assist us in uickly identifying “dead time” when our rigs would be idle that we could fill with the start of a new target, restart capturing data on an old target that is finally back in our FOV, etc. Anything to minimize downtime and maximize our imaging time.

Submitted for your consideration:

In the first image, you can see I have multiple targets set for that night (I only image to the East of the meridian due to a tree line to the west.)

In the second image is a rough representation I put together in Outlook using the Calender to hopefully show something close to what I am describing.

SGPPlanningFeature_2

I second this request. Have been thinking exactly this for a while. Would be incredible helpful. But I wonder if instead, the multiple targets could be plotted on the existing planning tool graph (say up to 4), with a different color for each target, and the same color coding/warnings with respect to overlaps.

I was recently trying to optimize a 4-target session to switch targets when they fell below a given altitude, and this kind of tool would have been very helpful.

Agreed! This is an excellent idea. There are, of course, a number of ways one could do this graphically.