That Something Terrible Message

Hi,
I have a limited sky viewing area and so what I want to try and achieve is a sequence that will track for maybe five hours, and then, as that object sinks in the West, will swap, unattended, to a new object, slew and centre, restart guiding and carry on.

I have a Losmandy GM8, on which the software has been updated recently to cure a known issue with incorrect slews.

I tried the multi target approach, set my alarm and got up at 04:15 am to observe the target switch. It finished the last frame on the Witches Broom, and then slewed to the Heart Nebula, and went into the centering process (I think) and I then got the “Something Terrible” message. Options I think were to abort or retry. I clicked retry, it centered and carried on, and I grabbed 10 or so images before dawn.

It was early and I wasn’t able to take in the implications of the “Simply Terrible” message. What would have happened if I had not been there please? I am hoping it’s something safe, and would hopefully include end of sequence options such as park the telescope…