Two weather stations

I have a question regarding a fail safe system just in case.

I have my standard weather system which I use with scope dome (Observatory) but I want to use the Lunatico system together with SGP. So is it possible for Scope dome to override a SGP session if it detects bad weather and Lunatico which is connected to SGP dont ?
Are there any setting I need to change in this case ?

The reason for this is primarily due to wind and fail safe. My weather station which I use for Scope Dome is located further away and detects winds much quicker that the local Lunatico sensor which is placed right next to the observatory. This sometime leads the observatory to close even though the wind at the observatory isn’t really that bad.
The second reason is that I want to guard myself in case one system fails to report properly.

Thank you
Roger

Sorry, I don’t really understand the question. You’re asking if an Observatory Driver has the ability to designate an “unsafe” state for the sequence? Only a safety monitor device has the ability to do this. Maybe I’ve answered the wrong thing?

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/SafetyMonitor.html

Let me try to explain better

I have my observatory (Arduio card roll off roof) that talks to a weather station that is at a higher altitude than my observatory.

At my observatory I have a Lunatico system which I want to use with SGP. I assume SGP can park and close the roof too if it detects bad conditions during a session? Or am I mistaken here ?

So My question is if these two can work independently of each other without problems?

Roger

The Lunatico could watcher, in terms of ASCOM (the only way SGPro will talk to it), exposes itself as both a Safety device and also as a partial Environment device. I assume that both of those interfaces can be connected at the same time within SGPro, but, ultimately, that is a decision that Lunatico would make.

When the CW is attached as a safety device and you have “shutdown on unsafe” enabled, SGPro will automatically halt the sequence and button up. After this, it will wait for a “safe” signal and then automatically resume imaging.

1 Like