Unable to connect with SnapCap

When I try to connect all equipment through the connect all equipment in the drop down menu all connects as it should except the SnapCap. The SnapCap Controller comes up and shows connected but SGP will not connect. If I close the SnapCap controller and manually select the SnapCap from within a sequence the SnapCap connects as it should.

Regards,

Gord

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.0.0.661
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.5.1.3234

You cannot have both the snap cap controller and SGP connected at the same time. SGP uses the Com Port as does the SnapCap controller and you can only have a single application connected to a Com port.

Jared

Thanks Jared. That makes sense. The SnapCap controller only comes up when SGP tries to connect. It isn’t something I’m doing outside of SGP. Is there a way to avoid this happening?

Thanks,

Gord

Hm, are you using the native snap cap in SGP or is this an ASCOM cover calibrator device? If they have a CoverCalibrator ASCOM device I have not tested that.

Jared

Hi Jared. This is native to SnapCap. I was in touch with Andras at GTD last year and he has a new version of the driver which I suspect is causing this issue. Here is a link to the driver on his website. * ASCOM Switch Driver – 32 and 64bit

Cheers,

Gord