Unsafe condition met while condition is safe

Hi tcpip - oh yes I did that, I tried it out indoors in a darkened room and made sure that just the light level was being used to trigger the event -

When I compared the AAG single line file format with the Boltwood format in their manual, I noticed there were some fields missing in the AAG one.

Are you using the AAG cloud watcher, or some other weather device?

I use the single line file format that you found, it’s described in the sources supplied with the driver. It’s space separated so a CSV file is unlikely to work.

A new safety monitor that handles the AAG may be better and more reliable than trying to persuade it to emulate a different device.

Hm, I think I forgot to move this to the throttled polling section after I implemented it…I’ll move that.

Jared, Have you implemented this in the latest beta?

Chris, The latest version is working for me, thanks!

Yes, that is in the current beta.

Thanks,
Jared

Buzz, I’ve just found an ASCOM driver for the AAG Cloudwatcher. With this driver you can directly select your cloudwatcher in the SGP weather station field. SafetyMonitor AAGWare - Software - ASA COMMUNITY

Jared, Thanks!

The people writing the AAG cloud watcher driver seem to be having problems installing it. I’m not on their group but could you pass on the word that the driver will need registering to work on a user’s system and that the ASCOM Developer’s system includes an installer generator helper. The ASCOM-Talk yahoo group is the best place for help with ASCOM.

Many thanks TCPIP - I’ll monitor this thread and see what comes out in the new year. For now, I have rigged up a large flashing buzzer that is operated by the AAG relay. If that does not wake me, one of the neighbors will!

Good news - Lunatico have released a new version of the AAG Cloudwatcher software that works with Chris’ Boltwood Safety monitor.
In Jaime’s own words:
"to address some small issues, I have compiled a new version of the PC software. Namely:

• it will work with CCDCommander “remote mode” whether an anemometer is present or not.
  • will work with Chris Rowland’s ASCOM safety monitor software

Version number has been increased to 7.20.200

There’s no installer yet, though, so you’ll have to download the exe file from here:
http://lunatico.es/aagcw/AAG_CloudWatcher.exe
… and overwrite your current file (make a copy first!)."

I forgot to add - if you are using the GNS system with SGP, his recommendation is to just let AAG communicate through ASCOM to SGP and do not run the GNS scripts from within AAG software if the safe state changes.