VBScripts to automize Flats taking after imaging

Hi, I have this question weather a VBScript can carry out flats taking after an imaging session, similar to NINA , whereby (in my case) the telescope will move to a set ALT/AZ position to take flat where the flat panel inside my dome is located.
I dont know how to write VBscripts, or weather someone in the forum has written such a script, or even if this possible.
Would like to heard if anyone is also interested.
Charles

I guess it’s possible in that almost all things can be accomplished in a script and SGPro will run one at the end of a sequence, but it’s worth noting that SGPro already has much of this functionality built in. Lots of folks capture flats after their sequence with no scripts involved. The last light target ends, and a Flats target at the end of the sequence begins. The first event can cause your mount to park and automatically illuminate the flat box before it starts taking flat frames. You can’t set a specific alt / az, but most mounts can set the park position.

Thanks for the reply, indeed your suggections are a valid option, and honestly I agree and prefer development are done within the program them rather using scripts, however its a pity that an option to parked the mount in a particular ALT-AZ to take flats prior or on completion of an imaging session would be an excellent addition to this excellent program.
Thanks for listening.
Charles

Sure, we can add this to the list… I don’t disagree, but we can’t commit to a timeframe at the moment. I take it that you are not able to set the park position of your mount such that it points to your flats panel?

Thanks for the reply, I have Dome, my telescope is parked in a normal position , my flat panel is at DEC 0.00 RA 0.00, basically the telescope is at a horizontal position to take flats.
All i wanted is that in a sequense routin i have the option to do flats (flat panel) automatically after the end of the imaging sequence.
I can do it manually , that not a problem, my mount park horizontal, and switch on the light panel, SGP do the rest.
Just a thought if SGP, could do all that automatically.
Just a thought , i love SGP its a very solid program.
Charles

I have an Auto flats routine script running after I take my light frames, but this is set up using EQMod.
As EQMod does not use alt/az commands I set my flat panel position as custom park 3. The script was simply written in notepad and saved as a LightPark.vbs. On your first Flat event, go to the pre event options and select “run script” and add your file. Here is my LightPark vbs script:-

Dim Telescope
set Telescope = CreateObject(“EQMOD.Telescope”)
Telescope.Connected = True
Telescope.Tracking = False
ret = Telescope.CommandString(":PARK,3#")
Telescope.Connected = False

On your last flat event go to the post event options and select “run script” and add your file. Here is my Telescope Park vbs script:-

Dim Telescope
Set Telescope = CreateObject (“EQMOD.Telescope”)
Telescope.Connected = True
Telescope.UnPark
Telescope.Park
Set Telescope = nothing

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks Steve, very kind of you . I might to able to adapt it to my 10micron mount just need to see the different position available and test it.
On the flat panel, how does it switch on automatically, does the script include this action as well.
Charles

Hi Charles

I have my Flat panel powered from the start of imaging sequence and the panel is automated through SGPro and is powered off at the end of sequence.

Steve

Just wanted to throw my support behind this suggestion. Due to the way my observatory is laid out, my flat panel can’t be in the right location for where I want my scope parked. I’d love to see a pre-event option for flats that allow you to enter alt/az coordinates where it would slew and then disable tracking.

I agree , this will definitely simplify an event i would even go further if possible , the ability to switch-on the light panel, the connection are there, if SGP would switch the light panel, ( under fliter the option to the light brightness and exposure time are already established), and then start the flats before or after a sequence.
Charles