2.4.3.15 won't install

I’ve tried installing the newest beta and it hangs at the InstallShield window. I never get the next button to become active.

If I hit cancel it asks if I want to cancel, but there is a significant delay. When I hit yes, it goes back to the above window and just sits there again. Task Manager can’t seem to kill it either and I have to restart the laptop.

I tried installing 2.4.3.13 again which is the most recent that I have and it installed fine. I downloaded 2.4.3.15 again to make sure it was a good copy, same problem.

Chris

Sorry… I’m not sure. I uninstalled, downloaded from the website and re-installed with no problem.

Just installed it without any issues. Wish I could help!

Forgive me… I work during day-light hours as a Systems Administrator, so I have to ask:

How much free disk space do you have?
What version of Windblows are you running?
What processor is in your machine, and how much RAM?
and…
How long did you let it sit, frozen?

Karl

1 Like

Karl:
About 100 GB free on an SSD
Windows 7 Pro - fairly recent clean install of the OS with just my imaging software installed.
Dell e6500 with Core2Duo (2.5GHz) and 4GB RAM
I let it sit for about 10 minutes before I tried to cancel and then restarted, it was getting dark and I needed to get moving. v2.4.3.13 went right through this step without problems in a few seconds.

Thing is, all other versions have installed in a few seconds so something must have changed with my laptop if SGP is installing fine for others.

Chris

Wouldn’t you know. I just tried again this morning while closing down the system for the day and it installed just fine, taking only seconds to complete.

Chris

And now you see why I call it Windblows.

Karl

The Windows System Registry is a multipart, proprietary, binary database stored both on disk and in RAM. When I am elected Supreme Dictator For Life, those responsible for that particular atrocity will be dragged to The Hague in chains and tried for crimes against humanity.

1 Like

Woohoo! :slight_smile: Good news. I’m glad it was just a transient thing.