2.4.3.8: focusing problem

Edited for typing on my cell phone…

Just installed tonight. Ended up at some point with this issue; it started auto focusing and no windows popped up, it just said ‘focusing is running’ in the bottom corner. Restarted and seems to work now.

Log files attached!
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/sg_logfile_20151008211526.txt?_subject_uid=59409556&w=AACAIx64zZkUbnr8YSq2ujQPybatvMqSSwHpgglRYBVaDw

Your logs seem non-public.

Sorry about that! Thanks for taking a look at it.

Chris

I took a look. It may be due to the issues 2.4.3.8 has with nebulosity rejection values going to MAX for old sequences.

[10/8/2015 9:39:23 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] HFR value was 0 three times… probably not going to get anything else, continuing…
[10/8/2015 9:39:23 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Handling monitoring event (Good Night System, Warning).
[10/8/2015 9:39:23 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] GNS: Sent warning message to GNS ((IC1396) Auto focus received a bad HFR value 3 times in a row! Something may be wrong!)…

After this, AF seems pretty normal. Getting an HFR of 0 could mean that the smart focus pushed your focus way out of range because the nebulosity rejection was so high.

1 Like

That’s a possibility. I did have to reset it when I shut everything down. Sounds good! Thanks for checking it out Ken.

Chris