A beginners question

Hello everybody,

I’m new to the forum and SGP- so it’s good to say hello to you all.

I have a really simple starter question. I have a CEM70G mount. In order to use the mount initially I have to zero the mount- which I think is akin to homing. I can then slew to a target then my application software takes over plate solving to center the target. I’ve previously used the SkyX pro but it has recently become very unstable hence my switch to SGP.

How do I configure the software, SGP, so it performs the initial zero or homing. I presume this is possible otherwise an initial automated sequence would not be possible.

Please advise.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Best wishes
Mark

I have a CEM120, but it uses the same software for controlling the mount.
The zero position is set in the ascom-software of the CEM and not in the SGP software. At each start-up I need first to push the button “sync time from PC” in the Cem ascom software,
otherwise, the mount is having the wrong time and is behaving likewise. With possible collisions to the mount base.
After start-up you have to solve & sync so the SGP and mount are knowing where you are pointing.
Then you return to CEM ascom and there you can set the parking position after you put the scope in the desired position with the control buttons in the CEM ascom.
SGP will know and remember this position from CEM ascom.