Ability to custom name equipment in drop downs

I’m currently setting up a dual rig with 2 and maybe 3 in future of the same camera, in my case QSI 683s.
In my drivers list for the cameras, I have 2 ‘QSI CCD camera’ which (with the CCD bit) shows I am using the legacy driver (7.4.x). I’m happy with this and can tell the options to connect to either or camera, and the other camera in a 2nd instance. The same applies to the filter wheels.

The long term plan is for dual / triple camera setup.

Is there an easy way to add the option for SGP to allow custom naming of equipment?

Another example is the Ascom for HEQ5 / EQ6…This driver also works for the AZEQ6 and although not the end of the world, I would like to rename it. I would also like to rename the ‘SiTechDll Telescope’ to something more user friendly and realistic to the setup.

I believe you may be able to rename things in the Ascom profile explorer, but for the imaging cameras, as it’s the QSI legacy driver I’m using, I don’t think it’s possible to rename them as they’re not Ascom drivers like the modern ones.

It’s not always easy to remember which camera I’ve chosen for one scope or the other, and I’ not even sure that choosing the 1st ‘QSI CCD camera’ dropdown will always connect the correct camera and the same on a 2nd instance.

My thinking is that there could easily be a user input option in the profile manager to name individual pieces of equipment, and display those in the equipment selection dropdowns. You could set it so that it only shows custom names when that profile is in use to avoid more confusion.

Some people might even give their equipment human names, I know that certain programmers are fond of this approach and name software in such a way too.

If you can do this, I would find it extremely useful and I’m sure others probably would too.