Add possibility to execute script prior sequence starts

Hello Dev Team,

Could you please add possibility to execute script prior start of sequence?

I have remote ROR observatory automated with SGP. In observatory I have 2 cameras with IR backlight. I found that I frequently miss to turn off IR backlight on cameras prior I start imaging. That significantly impacts my images, especially LRGB.

I created a simple .bat script which turn off IR backlight on my cameras, but now I need to tie it to the start of sequence and I cannot find that option in SGP. This feature not look complicated, but it can save my nerves and graceful imaging time.

1 Like

Hi Sergiy,

I’m not aware of an option to run a script at the start of a sequence (sounds like a good idea to me) but each event in a sequence can call a script, both before and after the event (Event Options -> Event Settings ->Pre-Event Options) so you could call your script prior to the start of the first event as a work around.

BobT

Hello Bob!

Thank you for reply. I ended up with exactly mentioned workaround - I added fake target to sequence which contains only one bias frame and linked my script to this event.

Finally it works, but I still need to remember to increment number of bias frames in this target (just to make sure that each sequence run will execute script).

Possibility to run script prior sequence start ideally resolve this request.

Another use case for requested option:
I have two setups in my RoR (with 2 mounts) and roof can be closed only when both mounts are parked in special position. Also I have remotely controlled power distribution system in RoR (relay box what can be controlled via network - I have script to control it).
To avoid possible damage to mount due to accidental slew with closed roof I would like to remove power from mounts when roof is closed (actually done by script run at end of sequence). At the start of sequence I need manually turn on the power and sometimes I forget to do this too :). Unfortunately workaround with script tied to event will not resolve this.

I’m leading to that script at sequence start will ideally resolve some automation topics (at least my 2 cases).

I’m working at SW Dev position and know that even small customer facing changes require a lot of hidden work. But I hope requested feature worth it :slight_smile: