Adding events to mosaic targets

I have ever before done any mosaics, but recently started acquiring data for a mosaic, so now I am slowly learning how to handle the mosaic sequencing in SGP. I find it less straightforward than I had hoped. I find it a bit tedious to increment the number of frame each night, as this is a large 9 panel mosaic. I prefer to acquire some frames for each pane each night, as opposed to doing pane by pane (this project might take more than one season to finish, so I want to average seeing/skyglow variations etc).

There is no easier way to add frames than individually add them to each target ?

Tonight I also wanted to start acquire data for the RED channel, so I added it to target 1 and copied the Event settings to the other 8 targets. That adds a new event, great, but it also reset the event counter for my Lum frames for all 8 targets to 0, so now I would need to manually set 8 counters to their proper values. There is no way to avoid this ?

I would be happy for any input how to set up the sequencing in as few clicks as possible!

Thanks, Mikael

Im not sure I follow this question. Are you asking if there is some type of bulk editor to simultaneously update events across many targets?

Not currently. Copying events to other targets actually replaces the existing events (including progress)

We could definitely make that smarter… One other thing I am working on is a “sync to disk” feature for a sequence. It’s actually mostly done, but it will essentially search the output directory and automatically sync sequence progress according to the contents of the disk. That would definitely help here…

1 Like

Hi Ken,

The “sync to disk” option would be great for a lot of reasons!

As for the event management of mosaics with a lot of panes, could one imagine an option to “lock” the events of a target to another target ? For this mosaic I plan to do exactly the same events for each pane. In this case one would only edit one target, and the events of the other targets stay locked to the chosen target, in terms of the events. One would however need to have individual progress indicators for each event of all targets. Just an idea.

Mikael

1 Like

Ok, Thx for clarifying. I will put some thought into mosaic sequence management. I was thinking maybe something like easy creation of and management of “target groups”. Anything in a target group, when edited, will broadcast its changes to other in the group.