Apply profile to sequence

I have noticed if I create a sequence with a profile and then change something in the equipment profile manager, the changes don’t take affect with the previously created sequence and I had to create a new sequence with the “changed” profile in order for them to be applied to the sequence.

My question is, If i create a sequence and save it, the change something in the equipment profile manager, then go to “file” apply profile to sequence, will the updated equipment profile be applied to that sequence?

Last time I was out, PS3 wouldn’t center a star when selecting a star in an image and selecting center here. So I changed to PS2 in my equipment profile and had to create an entirely new sequence and copy all the RA and DEC info into the new sequence. Could I have just done an apply profile to the previous sequence and it would have used PS2?

Yes, this is an accurate statement. Sequences and profiles do not have any kind of permanent, ongoing relationship. Once a sequence is created using a profile, it is officially no longer related and each may be edited independently. You can think of these profiles as templates… like in Microsoft Word, you can use a template for an award certificate (sgpro: equipment profile), but when you save it, it saves as a doc file (sgpro: sequence). Further edits to the award template do not modify any award created before that point.

Thank you for three confirmation.
I didn’t really think about it, but I guess I could have just tested that out.