ASI2600MM Connection Problem

I’m using SGP 3.2.0.660 and while I have no problems connecting my ASI183MM-Pro, my new ASI2600-Pro will not connect to SGP.

I’ve updated the ZWO drivers, ASCOM drivers, and .NET to the latest and no luck. It is interesting that the camera is recognized by ASI Studio and by SharpCap Pro (which I use for Polar Alignment). I’ve tried several USB3 cables, and different USB3 ports, and no luck (same cables/ports work fine for the 183MM). Suggestions?

My guess would be that you are trying the connect with the older “native” driver instead of the Ascom driver.
The native driver might not have support for your camera so you need to use the Ascom driver

1 Like

Make sure you have a at least 3a power source connected to the asi2600. The usb alone is not enought for proper long exposure with this camera, and you can have all kinds of weird behavior.

I am running SGP 4 32 bit and I have the same problem. SGP no longer supports the native driver, only the ASCOM driver for newer cameras. The ZWO ASCOM driver for the 2600 has two problems: 1) no offset, and 2) the gain is limited to 100. These are ZWO problems, and ZWO refuses to correct them. I set the offset in the ASCOM driver settings dialog, so it is fixed, constraining the gain to a fixed value of 100 (to enable the high dynamic range mode).

One suggestion would be for you to contact ZWO support and ask them to change the driver so that SGP can set any gain and offset that the camera can use.

Mark W

1 Like

Mark, thanks!

I’ve been trying to connect my asi2600mm pro to sgpro for two nights and this might be the issue. You’re referring to the ascom connection. I’m assuming that’s different from the ASI and ZWO drivers in sgpro? Not looking forward to the inability to use offset and limited gain control… I didn’t have these issues with my asi1600mm and assumed the 2600 would connect without issues. Live and learn… Is this truly a zwo related issue? What could zwo or sgpro do to update this issue? Anyways, thanks.

Wido.

It is not so long since I bought an ASI 2600mm pro - I had no problem connecting it in SGP.

On the ZWO drivers download page (Software and Drivers – ZWO ASI) there are two downloads needed.

AND

You should also have the ASCOM platform installed (I think the latest is Ver 6.6)

*In the handbook that came with your camera (Page 8) ZWO state:
“ASI Pro cameras don’t provide offset and USB Limit anymore”.

Hope the above is of some help.

Wido,

The issue is with ZWO in their refusal to change the ASCOM driver to accept all gains and do the offset setting correctly.

The other problem is that SGP does not support the native ZWO driver that would allow full camera control. The ASI 2600 works fine with SharpCap Pro, as it supports native drivers. I have asked, but it is unlikely that SGP will add the newer camera native driver support.

For now, I set the 2600’s gain to 100 and offset to 68 in the ZWO ASCOM driveradvanced interface dialog.

Mark