Atik 11000 + EFW3 lockup investigation

Description

Hi,

During the passed week I was intensively using my Atik camera + EFW3, and every night were multiple lockups. It happens when the remaining exposure time reaches 0 second. Normally, downloading of the image shoudl begin but it just hangs there instead, display 0 seconds remaining. When I try to abort the sequence it is not possible - SGpro keeps hanging. My “recovery” workaround is the following:

• power cycle the camera and filterwheel. Then the sequence gets aborted.
  • Disconnect the camera and filterwheel in SGpro
  • Connect them again, and testing if camera can download an image and the filterwheel reacts onb filter change
  • Resume sequence.

I can continue after a lockup this way, but I never know when will it happen again.
I have tried several USB cables, hubs, different computers - the same thing happens.

Could you please check the logs if you can find a pattern in this, I am out of ideas at the moment.
It would be great to find and eliminate the reason,

Clear skies,
Janos

Aprox time of issue: 09/18/20 05:56:12.970 in log file sg_logfile_20200917201030.log, see also many other occurences in other log files

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.558
.NET: 4.8

I have found that I need to reload the Atik drivers after window 10 update. It works every time for me. Also the USB plugs are easily disrupted so it does not take much of a bump to cause problems. I now strap and tape my cables to make sure nothing causes an interruption OS my power or data cables. Good luck.

Thanks emelan, I will try to reload the drivers but I have done that already as far as I can recall it.
But I find it hard to believe that the USB cable would be the reason in my case. I have brand new USB connector on my Atik, and in the lockups above I have never touched the USB connectors - just the power plug - and the camera/filterwheel was there again.

CS,
Janos

Hi @emelan,

Yesterday evening I have reinstalled my Atik drivers and started an imaging session. Unfortunately the same things happened again: several lockups but I have pushed the session to the end. Certainly lost more than 30min imaging time with the manual recoveries I described above. My logs don’t show much except that the camera was disconnected. I still don’t get my head around this…

You can find the log file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ve8M8oVd6PF9FyQHCfLa4fQUODE-P-Oy?usp=sharing

First lockup was at about 21:13

CS,
Janos