I have started to have a focus issue after installing v126.96.36.199. Some times it would focus, but most time it did not. Nothing has changed on my system and I checked that all mechanical parts were tight with no slack in the focuser. Even checked with a dial guage.
I include links to a log file and two screen shots. The “focus_oh_dear.jpg” shot shows a typical graph when it’s not working. Some times there are not even any points plotted. And what happens is the focus get moved further out each try, when it does it’s extending range routine.
So last night I uninstalled v188.8.131.52 and re-installed v184.108.40.206. Perfect, see the other screenshot “focus_great.jpg” a text book curve and that is what I usually get.
Each time it goes wrong, I abort the focus because it just seems to throw it out of focus more each try. This applies to both auto focus during a sequence and also when done manually.
The focuser is a Lakeside, running in Windows 7. Backlash is used in SGP and increasing the backlash value does not help.