Autofocus parameters

1. It would be extremely helpful to be able to set the autofocus exposure to less than one second. Right now you can’t set it below one second.
  2. Likewise, it would be extremely helpful to be able to crop greater than 50% off a frame.
  3. (and I understand this is harder because of ASCOM ) it would be great to have custom gain/offset settings during autofocus.

I’ve been having problems with autofocus; having more control would really help.

+1 for cropping. I’m shooting nightscapes and the autofocus really likes to “find” stars in the ground/trees/etc. It would be great to be able to select only the sky regions.

I’m not sure how that would provide enough data for analysis. In any case, what’s the difference between 0.5 seconds and 1 second over the course of an auto focus run? It might save 4.5 seconds per autofocus run, but elevates the risk of failure considerably. Unless maybe you’re using something like fastar at f/2 maybe and your images are blown out? Is that why?

You can do this currently, but the cropping is limited to cutting off the edges of the AF frames because they are most likely to be elongated for certain rigs.

I think this is reasonable and don’t think ASCOM makes this any more difficult than other applications of gain and offset.

This is something I would like to add. See above for current capabilities.