Blueastro Stick Station, TEMPerHUM and stuff like this

OK - I’ll now make a bug report re what I described earlier. I think it is directly linked to this topic - I’ll leave it here.

I downloaded and installed version 2.5.0.11 onto the house computer - no astro gear attached. In the equipment profile manager I made a new profile for all simulated equipment, with the exception of environment data input. I used a web link:

(I have deleted the API key from the screen capture.)

I also selected that the focuser (EPM-Focuser-Other) use the ‘Environment device for temperature input’

I restarted SGP and the profile loaded up on the start up sequence (as I had selected it to do).
I connected the Weather station and then the Focuser in that order. This is on screen when I open the windows shown.

I then uncheck the 'Use environment device for temperature input" in the CP-Focus-Other screen and hit enter. The temperature from the environment device now appears. (For the screen capture - I have opened up the CP-Focuser-Other window again…)

I am sure you can replicate this on your side with whatever ‘environment device’ you wish to connect.

Yes, I can see the same issue as Kinch.

This is fixed. I have a brief memory of some very heart felt argument over this stuff… if you were involved don’t worry about rehashing this stuff with me, but, in general, it’s probably a bad idea to use OpenWeatherMap temperatures to control very specific, very localized AF triggers with a very broad, area based temperature. AF triggers are often set to 0.5 or 1.0 C deltas and the temperature can vary by that much just 10 feet away from you on a tiny grass hill.

Again, if you part of the original argument, you don’t need to feel obligated to replay it (I’m just too lazy to search for it) and if it works for you, who am I to say it’s wrong? Just putting this out for out general user base for, most of whom, I suspect, this is not appropriate.

1 Like

I used online temperature data only to do a test on the home (not OBS computer) so I have no connection with that earlier discussion…in fact I would agree with your position wholeheartedly.

This post is just to confirm that the problem I reported above (Post #23) is indeed fixed (in SGP 2.5.0.12) - thanks!

Hi all,

As of today, the full ASCOM driver with multi-client support is posted on my web site (http://blueastro.se). Along with the driver is a new version of the Windows application that supports connection to the stick automatically as before, to a specified COM-port, and through ASCOM. Using the latter approach is the way to go so that you reap the benefits of both my Windows application’s data storage and GUI, and Sequence Generator Pro - and any other ASCOM application that supports the Observing Conditions interface.
There is also a new firmware that improves the application’s ability to accurately detect the firmware version.

/per

If you consult the manual (;)) you will note that a change of connection method requires an application restart… This is due to some quirks with the .NET serial port class implementation and proper release and I am trying to work around it. So, for now you have to restart if you change from serial to ASCOM… Sorry about that.

/per

I’ll look into it…

I had the same problem as @gingergeek with the stickstation - showed up in SGP (via ASCOM observing conditions hub) but not working via the windows app (with ASCOM driver). Noted that the previous install did not clear from windows - two instances visible in Control Panel/Programs. Cleared all and re-installed the newest…now all working fine with ASCOM driver - can see the info in SGP Environment Data module, Temperature also showing up in my RoboFocus docking module AND can run the windows app (with ASCOM driver) and it shows up there now also.
Hope that helps somebody.

I have created a new web page on the site where issues and workarounds are listed :slight_smile:

/per

Hi,

the temperature of the environment (blue Astro Stick) is not used in Focus Control
SGP Version = 2.5.1.17
Ascom Stickstation Version = 6.2.1.3

what am I doing wrong?

Regards
Carsten

I’m wondering if you can’t have the Blueastro app open at the same time… which would typically be the case…

You need to instruct SGPro to use it (instead of the focus controller temp)… “Use environment device for temperature input”.

http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/Focusers.html

Probably? Never tried this… depends on if the ASCOM driver and app are designed to share the device.

Yes, you can see on the screenshot :slight_smile:
closed Blueastro app same problem :frowning2:

I missed that part of the screenshot somehow.

Please see here and we’ll take a look:

sorry my english not so gut

I have new insights
When I use a focus simulator, then the displays the temperature in the SGP focus view
When activate my Ascom focus, the environment themerature not work

have you an idea?

I think it works for me - you not only need to set the focuser properties as mentioned above but if you want to see the graph at the same time, you need to use the latest version of Per’s application. This connects via ASCOM hub, rather than a direct link - which locks out other applications from seeing data.

I’ll double check - if I remove the cable from my focuser, it should still read the stick temperature value.

Just to add some pics to what @buzz has said:

On the equipment drop down list…select Ascom Observing Conditions Hub

In the settings for the hub select your BlueAstro Stickstation for the temperature, humidity etc…

…and as you have already done…tick environment device check box in the focuser properties.

Ok, have it tested on another PC
with the Beta v2.6.0.8 it works :slight_smile:
v2.5.1.17 it does not work
is ok for me, I update :wink:
Many thanks!

Right. Sorry, I forgot this was one of the issues addressed in 2.6.

I sell a weather station with ASCOM support for Sequence Generator PRO with sky meter and cloud sensor including a relay option to control an observatory and or alarm. This product is called a SMP-PRO and is very reasonably priced. I also, sell focusers with ASCOM support as well called CFS-PRO. The links are listed below. Email me at dale@astro-smart.com for any questions.

http://www.astro-smart.com/index.php?p=1_27_Computerized-Sky-Master-Pro-System-SMP-PRO

http://www.astro-smart.com/index.php?p=1_44_Computerized-Focus-Smart-Focuser-Systems-CFS-PRO

Thanks
Dale DiDomenico
Owner/Designer
Astro-Smart.com