Can I Run Both 32-Bit and 64-Bit Drivers in SGPro 3?

Hello! Before I started to try to connect my equipment, I would like to check on driver compatibiity.
I’ve updated my mount to a 64-bit driver for Ioptron HEM44. I use Robofocus that is a 32-bit driver program. I read that all programs need to be 64-bit for 64-bit SGPro. (In the forum, I read that Robofocus won’t connect with the 64-bit SGPro.)
Can I run the 64-bit driver and the 32-bit driver with SGpro 3 that I was using before? Thank you. Mike

Mike,

I had a Robofocus, and it ran fine with 64 bit programs. I tried unsuccessfully to log into the SGP website, but if there is a 32 bit version, then that is the best choice.

Clear Skies,

Paul

Thanks! I’ll try 64-bit and 32-bit SGPro with Robofocus in the comking weeks.
Mike

That is correct, all drivers in 64-bit SGPro must be 64-bit compatible. You’ll not be able to use drivers of mixed “bitness”. In other words, if you have a single part of your rig that can only operate in 32-bit world, then you should use 32-bit SGPro. There are some (confusing) exceptions to this rule in that ASCOM drivers themselves usually do not have a “bitness” (.NET is usually agnostic). The ASCOM drivers will often just serve as an interface to a proprietary driver where the bitness does absolutely matter. But… if the ASCOM driver successfully navigates that bridge for SGPro, then 64-bit SGPro won’t care that it’s actually talking to a 32-bit driver because it is proxied by an agnostic interface. If that interface is not agnostic to bitness, then SGPro will fail.

Giving it a try is always a good option…