Can't get all 7 filters working

Greetings.
I am running SGP ver 3.2.0.660. Filter position # 6 and 7 will keep dropping out of the driver dialog (pictured). Thus I can only operate 5 filters on my 7 position QHYCFW3.
The filters tab is all set up with 7 filters. The 6 & 7 filters only drop out of the driver dialog.
I tried this on a different computer running v 3.2.0.613 and it works fine. I also tried updating the driver but it did not help. Please Advise

Hi,
You’ll find at least another thread about this issue.
The temporary conclusion is that this is an ASCOM driver issue which shows up intermittently.
NINA had the same problem until the native drivers were implemented.
Crossing fingers that SGPro does the same.

1 Like

Please continue to ask QHY to resolve this issue. We just don’t have the resources or time to write native drivers when manufacturer drivers misbehave. I certainly understand the sentiment tho… it’s frustrating for all.

QHY allegedly fixed this in a release some time ago, I cant remember when but I think it was spring last year (though that could have been in a beta so it could have been released to stable version months later).

It’s a PITA when it happens and the only solution I found was to reinstall the All In One drivers. I don’t think I have had an issue since but I suspect its an edge case bug that only happens under some very specific combination of circumstances so I dont know whether it is actually fully fixed.

Worth trying anyway - make sure you follow the installation instructions precisely - there is a video to watch, physically disconnect devices from PC before installation.

1 Like

Good to know.
I did try reinstalling the all in one driver but it did not fix the issue.
But I did get it working by launching the driver via TheSkyX. The missing filters “reappeared” when I did this. With subsequent launches via SGP they are back as well.

At least I found a way to shake the bug out.

That’s interesting, sounds like the bug is still in the ASCOM driver. I can’t remember exactly what happened when I had the issue but I reported it to Cha at QHY. From memory I think the filters were all still present in the QHY app and NINA when I used the native driver.