Can't run an "Event"

Only started tonight.

In the show sequencer panel I set it to take 1 light frame of 30 sec. When I hit the “resume sequence” button it pops up the “sequence complete” dialog and never takes a pic? There is never a “count down” either?

I notice it does work with the PHD2 autoguider running? Can you not take a sequence without the autoguider?

I noticed a similar thing Monday night. I was going to image some geosynchronous satellites and turned off autoguiding. (autoguider = none). and had set the mount tracking off. When I went to run the sequence, the sequence said complete. After a minute of thinking, I disconnected the scope in the sequencer panel and all went normally. I still had the scope connected in TheSky6, but disconnected in SGP. I suspect that there is a check for tracking or something in SGP that results in the sequence complete message.
Fred Klein

I hope this isn’t the normal way to have to take an unguided image? Must be missing something.

Please see here and we’ll take a look at what’s going on. Keep in mind we need the SGF file too (this will eliminate the need for you to communicate specifics):

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the reply. I think (as usual) this was my own doing. I think I should have just started a fresh sequence that didn’t have the autoguider enabled. The sequence I was trying to run did have the PHD2 guide camera connected - so it was always looking for settling (I was dithering). So in the future I will have a “basic” profile that does not include guiders/filter wheels etc.

On another note is there anyway to disable the “end of sequence” dialogue as I never want it to run any shutdowns of anything?

Thanks

Thanks again

In general, we try to minimize options unless they are absolutely required. For end of sequence, we do not offer the ability to toggle this.