"Center here" BUG?

I always use the automatic “scope centering” function for target slews and meridian flips with NO problems.
When plate solving (ASTAP) with the automatic centering function I do NOT sync, because I dont want to modify my model cause I do unguided imaging with a 10micron mount.
Therefore I set sync behavior to “target offset” instead of “sync” and it works even better than “sync” to me cuase centers MUCH faster (only 2 steps)

BUT when using the “center here” function (left mouse button on image) the automatic centering does NOT work. SGP hangs on the first step and keeps searching foreverr. I have to abort manually.

The “center here” function only works if I select “sync” instead of “target offset”.

Martin

1 Like

Can you attach your log from this run? I can’t think of any reason why the first step would be that much different between the two unless the offset is getting messed up.

Thank you,
Jared

Here is the log.
http://gofile.me/40Zcd/em507GYmt

I have just reproduced the problem before saving the file.
I have just found out that if I do a manual “center now”

directly followed by a “center here”, the “center here” will work.

BUT if I do an automatic (next target on the list) “slew and center”, make 1 sub, pause sequence and try “center here”, “center here” will NOT work.

Martin

1 Like

I have noticed the same thing with my Paramount MX+ and the “center here” command. My sync behavior is also set to “Target Offset”. If I take an image using Frame and Focus and then try to use the center here command, the solve will always fail using ASTAP or PS2. The blind solve in astrometry will then get it. On the next iteration of plate solving, ASTAP and PS2 will still fail.

If I first go to the control panel plate solve tab and do a solve and sync, ASTAP will succeed quickly and then the center here command will work using ASTAP.

Automatic centering with ASTAP always works when starting a sequence.

Sorry, I don’t have a log. It’s just a behavior I’ve noticed recently when trying to set up a new telescope and needing to center a bright star for collimation.

Chris

1 Like

Hello Jared, could you find sometime in my log file?
Thanks, Martin

I’m getting a “file not found” when attempting to view the log:

It sounds straight forward. I’ll attempt to duplicate.

Thank you,
Jared

Please try again this link.
http://gofile.me/40Zcd/lZzVvLIe8

Thank you,
Martin

Hello Jared, do you have any clue?