Center Here - Target is moved opposite direction to Center

Hi All
Hoping someone has had this issue but have not seen a post that can assist thus far.

Im using SGP 3.2.0.613
HEQ5 PRO mount with Ascom
ASTAP platesolver
QHY10

Platesolving via Solve and sync works really well.
Target Settings | Center Now works a treat
Center Here is the problem.

When I select a Frame a Focus image - Bin 2*2 and want to center on an object in that particular Frame the Center Here function “works” ie it competes as Status = Success (within 25 pixels) however the center framing of the object is now twice as far away from center then previous ! If it seems to be moving opposite to the required direction in both axis

I have no rotator and I had the camera I position manually at more or less 260 degrees. I have seem some flipping posts but this issue is only relevant for Center Here. I would have though this would impact all Centering.

Note:
Ascom Sync Behaviour is Dialog based.
SGP Control Panel Mount Sync Behaviour is set to Sync
EQMOD setup is J2000

Any ideas?
Rotation or Mount Sync (target or scope offset) issue ??
I must have missed something simple here!

Many thanks
Damian

EQMOD dialog based is good as it will not automatically accept new sync points and EQMOD does not work very well with many sync points close to eachother (as would be created durring centering).
You need to combine this though with Offset as sync behaviour in SGP. It will then understand that the new sync point will not be added to the EQMOD pointing model and instead calculate the required offset for the mount to move to the target location.

Hi there Ventania
Thanks for the message. I tried setting Sync Behaviour in SGP Telescope Control panel from Sync to Target Offset and then Scope Offset with no improvement in either setting. Is that what you mean?
When moved back to Sync I tried again and I realised that the further away from the center I go to perform the Center Here the Frame and Focus image is then actually flipped when it completes. It still completes as a “success” though.

Its strange. I am just relying on the Target Settings Center Now which works fine.

Yes, that was indeed what I meant. I’ve never found the difference between Target Offset and Scope Offset (even asked more than once on this forum, but never got an answer), but I normally leave it on Target Offset with EQMOD in Dialog mode for sync points. Even if you don’t notice a difference you should avoid using Sync in SGP, unless you also set Append on Sync in EQMOD.

Still don’t understand what is going wrong with your setup though when using Center Here in SGP. Moving the mount in the wrong direction can be countered by settings like invert directions after Meridian Flip in PHD2 and probably SGP also (although I do not remember where at this moment). I have never needed that though with EQMOD and Sky-Watcher mounts.

I wouldn’t worry about this… We will be removing Scope Offset in favor of just “Offset” the differnece being how we calculate the delta of the current position and the desired position (i.e. using the solve’s location for current position or using the scope’s location for current position).

Thanks Ventania,
It certainly seems unique to my setup .
I will explore the Offset setting again (still with the Eqmod sync setting in Dialogue mode ) and see if I can see where the setup issue is.

Thanks Ken for the update on the Offset option.

Really appreciate the quick responses.