Chain Solving fails

I just installed SGP4.4 Beta and tried to set up the chain solve. When I opened the equipment profile and selected a profile, under PS 2 and PS 3 both said “no catalogs” I click on the gear icon to select the catalog , select the Kepler folder. Then both PS2 and PS3 change to ready, I click on “save” and then “ok” and the manager box closes. When I open the profile manager again, Both PS2 and PS3 again say “no catalogs”.

If I try to solve a previously acquired image, it says "failed to plate solve image (chain solver failed to solve (using 0 different solvers))!

I have all the platesolver locations configured in “tools” “options” “external apps”

Am I missing something somewhere?

To be clear are you saying that you click the gear for PS3, select the Kepler catalog and, afterward you see both PS2 and PS3 change to ready (from that single action)?

Yes. Both PS2 and PS3 change to ready after pointing to the PS3 catalog from the gear.

I also get the same error if I only have ASTAP selected as the solver and in the setup that has always said ready.

ok, thx.

Sorry, not following what you mean here.

In the setup, ASTAP has always said ready. If I select that one as the only solver, then try to solve an image, I get the same error message that solving fails using 0 solvers.

I’m not able to rpeoduce this. Can you share this sequence (the 4.4 saved version, not the older 4.3 version)?

I was able to reproduce the profile issue you describe though.

The profiles are leftovers from 4.3 and I haven’t created a new one in 4.4
I’ll try creating a new profile in 4.4 and see what happens. If it still happens I’ll post a copy of the profile.

I also didn’t create a full sequence. I selected New sequence with profile , opened a previous image and tried to solve it

Thanks. I think I’m ok with the profiles. I really just need to understand what is happening with the single solver in the chain (ASTAP) failure. Whatever you have to reproduce that would be helpful.

I tried running SGP as an administrator, re-installing SGP 4.4, re-installing PS3 catalogs and plate solve still fails. Both PS3 and PS2 will solve properly on their own.
I tried with ASTAP, ANSVR and astrometry.net as the only solvers checked an it still fails. I also noticed when I right click the image, the option for “plate solve with a specific solver” is not listed.

I also tried opening a saved sequence from a couple months ago and it solved using ASTAP plus the option for “plate solve with a specific solver” ANSVR and ASTAP were the only option, but at that time I was using PS2.

Here is a link to the sequence created in SGP4.4.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FXX7bREXDoMBj2-wU-FKUMwW-vYYwnSs/view?usp=sharing

I didn’t notice the latest update to the Beta version until after I posted the previous message. I installed the latest version and everything is working properly. I’ll have to test the “center here” function in PS3 when the clouds decide to go away.

Thank you so much for the great work you are doing.

1 Like

Excellent. Thanks for the reports and for letting me know.

No problem. That is part of being a beta tester.