Clarifications on Maintenance Plan (aka subscription)

Clarifications on Maintenance Plan (aka subscription)

Some additional information to help clarify some things:

Do I need a maintenance plan to use SGP?

• No, you do not. SGP2 and SGP3 do not and will not require a maintenance plan now or ever. If you own SGP2 or SGP3 you own all updates that come out for those products forever.
  • When SGP4 releases you will need a maintenance plan to upgrade to SGP4 and to get SGP4 updates. However once the maintenance plan expires you can still run and use SGP4, you just won’t have access to updates and new features.

Why does my account say “Expired”?

• The new licensing model, coming out with SGP4, will use a “maintenance plan” type of service. When you are in your maintenance plan you will receive updates to SGP4. When your maintenance plan is inactive you will still be able to use SGP4 but you will not be able to download versions released after your maintenance plan end date.

I purchased a maintenance plan, what do I get for it?

• If you were a SGP2 user you now have access to SGP3 and will have access to SGP4 when it releases. Plus you’ll have access to our Premium Support area in our forum.
  • If you were a SGP3 user then you will have access to SGP4 when it releases as well as access to our Premium Support area in our forum.
  • In both cases we will extend your maintenance plan for 1 full year after SGP4 releases (for example SGP4 releases Oct 5th 2020, we will push your maintenance plan expiration to Oct 5th 2021 no matter when you purchased it)

My Maintenance Plan says it is $63.87…I thought it was $59?

• The imported licenses show $63.87 as they had sales tax applied to them as part of the import process. When you go to renew you will pay $59. Unless you live in Texas, then you will have to pay sales tax on the purchase so it will be $63.87