Compatibility with FLI CL1-10 filter wheel

I have the FLI Centerline CL1-10 filterwheel. It has two wheels that have 5 spots each so it has 25 possible positions. SGP seems to only support up to 12 and I don’t see any way to pick exactly which ones they are. The CL1-10 has positions like 0/0, 0/1, 0/2, 0/3, 0/4, 1/0, 1/1,1/2, 1/3. 1/4, 2/0,2/1 etc. Would it be possible to add these options to SGP?

From what I can see from the FLI driver, we’re controlling the filterwheel just by a single number. Can you connect the filterwheel to SGP and then send us the logs so we can see if there is additional information that we’re missing?

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks Jared,
I really appreciate your getting back to me. I connected to the CL1-10 and ran it through all 12 positions. The problem is I can’t get to certain combinations of the 2 wheels. In order to use my Ha filter I need to have one wheel on an empty location and the other on the filter. SGP allows me to access the 5 positions of the first wheel but not the other. Here are my log files.

-Duncan

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516132746.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516172329.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516142409.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516145025.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516132229.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516220210.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516221822.log is missing)

Thanks Jared.
I sent a reply and attempted to attach 7 log files but I got a response that the log files were rejected from the email. Not sure why, they are just text files.

-Duncan

Here are the first two log files in case sending them in smaller groups helps.

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516132229.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200516132746.log is missing)

Duncan,
Please use dropbox or something similar for the logs. Or you can send them to support@mainsequencesoftware.com and just reference this thread. Sadly the forum software doesn’t provide an easy way to prune old attachments so we had to limit them.

Thank you,
Jared

So I think this is a limitation that we’re creating…but it would still be good to see the output of the logs. There should be a couple of lines like:

FLI CFW Name:
FLI Library Version: 
FLI CFW Num Filters:

Those are the main things I’m after. If you can post those that would be helpful.

Thank you,
Jared

Hi Jared,
Did you get the dropbox transfer? I sent it earlier today.

-Duncan

Duncan,
Yes, I received the logs. Thank you for sending them. Unfortunately this is going to be something we’ll need to address and it will require some new UI around filters. Having said that it’s probably not going to be something we can get to relatively quickly.

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks Jared,

I really appreciate your looking in to it. For now I will just have to use the FLI software to control the filter wheel.

Please let me know if you come up with a solution.

I am still very new to SGP and I am repeatedly watching the Chris Woodhouse YouTube tutorials. I am very impressed with your program. It addresses pretty much everything in regard to equipment control when imaging. Very well thought out and though still a steep learning curve it is intuitive.

Thanks again,

Duncan

Bumping this thread. Has the issue with SGP controlling the centerline filter wheel been addressed?

@mmccomiskey

While FLI has not provided ASCOM support for its products, a private individual, Hartmut Bornemann, has written ASCOM drivers for FLI cameras, focusers and filter wheels and has made them available to the community. I don’t own any FLI equipment, so I can’t attest to the quality of these drivers but they may be worth investigating:

https://skypixels.at/HVB_Repository/Support/FLI CFW Setup.zip
https://skypixels.at/HVB_Repository/Support/FliCamSetup.zip
https://skypixels.at/HVB_Repository/Support/FLIFocuser Setup.zip

Charlie

SGP should “generally” support the CL1-10. The problem is with this dialog that assumes 12 is the largest filterwheel you can get. But in general SGP should be able to select and move to different positions, just that offsets and such will not work.

Jared

Thanks! Why wouldn’t filter offsets work? If I work them all out on a delta to Lum basis, shouldn’t they work like normal?

I mean the first 12 positions will work fine as you can set them…but the remaining 13 you cannot. The limiting factor is the dialog that will only allow you to specify 12 filters with their offsets and such. However you should be able to go to any of the 25 filter positions within SGP.

Jared