Configure SGP logfile location?

With other software automation that I use, I am used to saving all of the log files with the evening’s session data. I can see that SGP is writing its log file to %LOCALAPPDATA%\SequenceGenerator.

Is it possible to configure this location so that I can write it to the same folder where I put the image data?

Thanks,
-Wade

1 Like

Not at this time. But you can get to the log or log folders in the Help menu.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks for the confirmation. I’ve set up a shortcut on my desktop to the log folder, and can manually drag the log file into the folder where I keep the exposures and other information for the session. It would be nice if there is an option in the future to do this.

Thanks,
-Wade

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I would also like to change the log file location, so I can put it with all my other application logs (PHD, etc).

I am also adding my voice to this. It is very useful to allow a user to decide where the log files are located. Currently the file is located in a folder with many other files and sub folders of different nature.

Thanks for considering it.

plus 1 for this

Thank you for doing this. I have one question, where are the log files located in windows? Go easy on me I’m a Mac guy. TIA

There is an option in the help menu to open the log file folder.

Reopening this older thread not because I would like to change the SGP logfile location, but more to understand how Reporting a Problem from the Help menu works. That function does allow you to select and attach a logfile and is as far as I know the only way to attach a logfile to a post on this forum.

Since we can not configure the SGP logfile location, I use a script to move these logfiles from the default location to a personal folder and then copy from my imaging computer to my processing computer for further analysis with SGP Log Viewer.

In case I then want to report a problem on this forum I can only attach logfiles that have not yet been moved from the default location. Even when I copy a previous logfile (from e.g. last week) to the default SGP logfile location, SGP will not show that logfile in the dropdown list of earlier sessions.

Why is that? Does SGP maintain an internal record of these logfiles rather than using the filesystem for lookup? And if SGP does keep track of logfiles, does it check if those have been moved using Windows Explorer?