Copy and paste an event from one sequence to another

I think it would be useful to copy an event from one sequence and paste it into another. Nothing fancy, just copy and paste. Although it sounds simple I know it is not trivial…just something to think about.

1 Like

I second this request. Have had numerous instances where this would have been useful.

You can already have a sequence with a target and multiple events and then create a second target and copy over all the events at a go. I don’t think you can copy events between different sequences but, their are other ways to minimize the input. You can duplicate the sequence and apply a different equip profile or target to it, keeping all your exposure settings.

Chris - first off, a heartfelt thanks for your two books, which were instrumental to helping me up the steep learning curve of this hobby starting from a zero point.

And a separate heartfelt thanks for your instructional videos on SGP.

Yes, copying within sequences I am comfortable with, and also duplicating a sequence and then altering it.

One of my use cases is the following: I had set up a multi-event sequence for January and February, and then a separate March-April sequence with different targets. At the end of February, I had a target in the Jan-Feb sequence that was only partially completed, and wanted to bring it across to the March-April sequence, so that I could start with that target and progress to the others in the new sequence automatically, without needing to manually load up a new sequence after the first was complete.

The are other situations where the ability to copy and paste a target into a new sequence would be convenient, but the above case should illustrate an application.

I ended up manually entering the coordinates, recreating the events, and then manually entering the progress. A minor inconvenience in the grand scheme, so likely not the highest priority feature request, but would be convenient if targets were like individual files that could be dragged and dropped into sequences. Or even if it was possible to merge two sequences.