Last week we had the darkest and cleanest nights in years. I was impressed by the amount of data I was able to gather on 2 particular nights, on the other side the seeing was not great.
I continued with my project of imaging the Cygnus Wall and finally I had all the data needed to put together my mosaic. Processing was challenging cause the Cygnus Wall has some very bright regions so stretching was tricky.
The image details are:
– Camera: Atik 460EX
– Mount: Takahashi EM200
– OTA TPO (GSO) 10 inch F/4 with Televue Parracor effective speed f/4.6
– Guiding PHD2 SX OAG with Lodestar
– Filters Narrowband Astrodon 1.25" @ 5nm
– Focuser, stock GSO Focuser motorized with Rigel stepper and controller
– Capture and Automation with Sequence Generator Pro
– 20 x 20m x filter x tile. Total Exposure time 40h
I hope you like the image, this Chinese scope is far from a turn key system but the optics are good.