Did all the ASI6200 problems get resolved

Ive been extensively using my 6200 for five months now and echo joelshort’s experience. I connect a good quality USB3 cable directly from my NUC to my camera, so there are now two USB cables from my NUC to my scope - 1 for the 6200 and 1 for my Pegasus UPBv2. I initial had issues connecting the 6200 via the Pegasus hub, but then frames were dropped - likely too much traffic and large files. Everything else is connected via the UPBv2. No issues. Maybe that’s the price to pay for fast 60MP file transfers at the same time as autoguiding, etc,. Hope this helps.

I can’t verify it’s 100% fixed, but the newest ZWO driver definitely seems better when it comes to images not downloading/saving.
I updated both the camera driver and ASCOM driver.

Would be nice to see others test it and tell about their experience.

I’ve been using those new drivers every night this week. I didn’t really have problems before but I haven’t noticed any problems since either.

I haven’t tried the new driver but a simple test is frame and focus exposures on loop. If a download fails F&F stops and an error window appears. 5 second exposures run for 10 minutes for example. Then stop and repeat several times. I’ve gone 200 F&F exposures without errors then just when I think it’s fixed I get frequent errors.

1 Like

Last night I had both my ASI6200MM and ASI2600MC looping 1s exposures for about 10min and had a download error with the ASI6200. But it ran all night long (10min exposures) without issue.

Sounds like the driver didn’t fix it. Let’s get that 64 bit version out so I can get back to using trusty SGP.

Is the current v4 beta only available in 32-bit? Can we get a 64-bit beta out to see if it finally fixes the download issues? It’s been almost 6 months since I first reported the problem.

When it is ready we will put out a 64bit beta in tandem with the 32bit.

Jared

I have continued to use my ASI6200 with ASCOM and SGP. Initially I had some problems, but I bought a really good USB cable and that helped a lot.

Now I’ll say something crazy. I noticed that the power plug I used was very loose in the camera, Indeed if I brushed against it, I’d hear the fan hesitate. ZWO doesn’t send a plug with the camera. I used three different plugs that I had laying around. (QSI,Atik, and Pegasus Cube) Each fit in a slightly different way. You may whant to check the tightness of your power. (Crazy?)

Sorry, but I can’t ride the cable train. I can fault 100% SGP for failed downloads. I did all the blind test with USB2/3 cables/hubs and after reverting the SGP version to an older v3.2 release the downloads started working again reliable. Using the 6200MM here. I tried also using the current v4 beta, but couldnt connect.

I’ve been using my 6200 for the last couple of months without any problems, and I’ve been using the 4.0 Betas since their release, again with no issues.

I tried also using the current v4 beta, but couldnt connect.

If you cannot even connect to the camera then clearly there is something wrong in your setup. Are you using the native or ASCOM drivers? Can you connect to the camera using the ASI tools?

Upload you logs so we can see what’s going on.

after reverting the SGP version to an older v3.2 release the downloads started working again reliable.

Interesting. Which version of SGP worked without download problems?

I’ve been using my 6200 for the last couple of months without any problems,

I also assumed I was no longer having problems with my 6200 downloads. However, after checking my SGP logs I do indeed find cases were the download failed. Fortunately SGP continued the sequence so I was none-the-wiser, but the error was and is periodically occurring in V3 (I haven’t tried V4 yet).

I had an interesting issue when testing out my ASI2600MC and ASI6200MM. I just wanted to run some basic connection tests and so I just hooked the USB3 cable to the cameras straight to my laptop but did not connect the power cable since I wasn’t going to cool the sensor. I had no problem with connecting to either camera and when I set test sequences for 0, 1 and 2 seconds everything seemed to work fine but it was when I tried to take anything longer than 2 seconds that the exposure download process would just hang. It was only after I plugged in the power cable (but cooling turned off) that I was able to take longer exposures. So obviously there’s a power issue (at least for me) with these cameras and 3+ second exposures. I didn’t seem to have any issues with using any variety of USB cables (including the ZWO supplied cable) nor using either the USB3 or USB2 ports on my laptop. I’m also using SGP version 3.2.0.613.