Environment data not complete. Hum, Dew and Pressure is showing NaN

Hello,

Im having some issues with Humidity, Dew Point and Pressure showing as NaN in environment tab.

Im using Scope Dome software that reads a file from my weather station and displays all these numbers correctly in Scope Dome, but SGP does not.

Any help here would be great!

Cheers

Roger

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.1.0.832 (64-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.6.0.3444

Here is the text output from the weather station to Scope Dome which Scope Dome is reading just fine. But Im not sure how it looks from Scope Dome to SGP.

Hmm, ok. Nothing telling in the logs. I am attempting to release a new version of 4.1 today. I’ll add some additional debug logging so we can see what is happening.

1 Like

Hello,

I found the log files which I believe SGP reads.

They all look the same and I see no reason for SGP to report NaN on these three.

Hum reading 7/2/2022 9:44:34 AM;94 (Reporting NaN)
Temp reading 7/2/2022 9:45:19 AM;11 (Reporting correctly)
Wind reading 7/2/2022 9:45:34 AM;5 (Reporting correctly)
Pressure reading 7/2/2022 9:45:19 AM;1022.01 (Reporting NaN)
Dew Point reading 7/2/2022 9:45:49 AM;10 (Reporting NaN)
etc etc…

@AstroRog
@Ken

This may be a reach but “NaN” is an error value that comes from an Arduino. It stands for “not a numeric” and it is returned when you ask the Arduino for numeric data and the returned data is ASCII or the data is not in a valid numeric format.

Charlie

Appreciate it. Unfortunately, NaN is a universal constant across practically every platform known to man (including the one we use to write SGPro). Hopefully the next release will help shed some light on which platform is generating it.

1 Like

Here is a new file after the update. Hope this help clear things up.

Kind regards

Roger

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 4.1.0.842 (64-bit)
.NET: 4.8
ASCOM: 6.6.0.3444

This looks like a driver issue right now. SGPro does accumulate readings and perform regressions on them, but this line in the code is designed to see what Humidity looks like directly as received from the driver with absolutely no manipulation… The “raw” value.

[07/08/22 21:51:02.647][DEBUG][Main Thread][NONE] ASCOMEnvironmentDevice => reports humidity NaN

My advice at this point is to collect ASCOM device logs and discuss with the driver’s author. The conversation will be a lot easier if you can provide them with access logs illustrating the issue. Instructions on how to get those are here:

Go here and, about half way down the page, find the section labeled ASCOM Trace Logs

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/Myequipmentismisbehaving.html

1 Like

Hello Ken,

I contacted Scope Dome and they tested with their own setup with SGP and there were no issues there. Same SGP and same driver and updated ASCOM. Would really like to find out what is wrong here. Seems like its just mine, but it doesn’t make any sense and the logs logs look identical.

Kind regards
Roger

Ya, I understand it’s frustrating, but, as it stand right now, I am just not certain. The bits of code in question are well tested and work with lots of other devices without issue. The logs show that the actual raw value received for humidity is not a number so I am not certain what to do… the investigation, from SGPro’s perspective, is just dead from the start. Were you able to produce ASCOM Trace Logs as outlined above? What do they show as the response for the humidity request?

In terms of generic advice, have you done things like completely uninstall and re-install the drivers? Maybe the same for the ASCOM platform itself? At this point it seems like something specific to the environment and giving that a reset may be warranted.