Equipment Profile Banner

Would it possible to add current equipment profile to sequencer display like you show user profile now? I change my equipment profile far more frequently than I change my user profile and on some occasions am unsure if I made the necessary equipment profile change. It would be helpful to be able to determine this at a glance.

I too have asked for some visual indication of which equip profile is active and/or selected. The only way I personally circumvent this is cut and pasting all my other profiles into a different directory and only have the profile that matches the scope and mount I plan on using that night in the default directory.

SGP also was suppose to be updated weeks ago with a beta with changes… NADA Nothing… Other platforms are excelling at implementing new features that are desirable to various uses. Waiting on the developers here is like watching grass grow… a long wait!

My solution is not perfect however for the time being, seem like the only option I have that I know of to know what profile is active.

SGP equipment profiles are more like a template. You select one when creating a new sequence, or apply one to an existing sequence, but after that there is no longer a connection between the sequence and the equipment profile. So, if you later on make changes to the equipment profile, these changes are not automatically cascaded to the sequence.

It would therefore even be misleading to display the equipment profile that the sequence was originally based on, as those two are not necessarily in sync anymore.

There used to be something like this in earlier versions but it was removed for that reason, If I recall correctly. Personally, I would not have removed that but rather would have left an annotation of the base profile somewhere visible but maybe changed it’s color if any equipment settings changes had been made since the sequence was created. Perhaps green if not and red if there were changes.

Yes, it was ultimately removed as it was confusing to folks. They would change things in their equipment profiles expecting them to get updated in the sequence. I do like the insync / out of sync idea with current state of the profile. I may consider adding it back in based on that. But that is not cheap or free. Once the Profile populates the Sequence the shape of the data is quite different. Still, I’ll see what may be possible here.

Jared