Erratic behavior with Moonlite focuser

It seems like my Nitecrawler focuser and SGP is not getting along. I cannot think of a single cause and effect that is causing my issue so I’ll just post them along with the latest logs (tried but cant upload) and hope someone can help.
this happened tonight

1. Connected ML to SGP - showed proper position, went through manual focusing through SGP using bahtinov mask, achieve focus
  2. Started sequence auto focus routine
  3. At some point focuser stops responding. It shows that its connected but position shows n/a. I can connect with focuser through the moonlite app
  4. This happened before, I had to re-install ascom and then it started working again.

I also have seen the ML either go to fully racked in or out by itself. Only when using SGP.

What version of SGP are you using, and what step size / how many steps for AF are you using for the nightcrawler?

I have one myself and had issues with the latest SGP release but only with regards to rotation which was fixed by unchecking reverse direction in the driver.

I have noticed once or twice when doing the AF routine lately where im starting at a temp thats significantly different than the prior night (and thus the scope is starting fairly out of focus), that it’ll start the sequence doing slew and then AF, and of course because its so far out of focus my 9 focus points dont form a curve, but rather a line…but it will continue outwards beyond 9 points for some reason until i intervene. Only happened once or twice lately, and if i werent so lazy and properly focused manually before starting the sequence it probably wouldnt be an issue, but most times when i start off out of focus, it will drop into recovery, say its assuming the focus point is in the other direction, and after one or two attempts I have a good curve and sharp stars.

I have the latest sgp version but not the new beta. I just reloaded the latest ascom drivers. Something is corrupting the drivers it seems. Don’t have the knowledge base to explain otherwise. Everything work perfect last night. I think my workflow will always start with a bahnitov focus, it’s just too easy.

If you want to send us a log showing the described issue, there may be clues within. Further guidance is here:

SGPro - Help