"Error in GetCoolerTemp" causes SGP to hang and not finish downloading the capture

My QHY163M’s TEC read temperature shows NA all of a sudden after 14 frames into the sequence, and it took forever and will not get out from “downloading”.

From log sg_logfile_20170526223537.txt (392.9 KB)

[05-27-17 00:55:17.021][DEBUG] [CP Update Thread] ASCOM Camera: Error in GetCoolerTemp. : value of CCDTemperature is invalid. (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: value of CCDTemperature is invalid.

This is very annoying as I almost lose a night of imaging if I went to bed earlier… hopefully you can help, thank you!

Have you updated the QHY163m drivers lately? I would suggest trying that.
Just a suggestion to rule it out.
I took a series of 80 flat frames yesterday, cooling to -20C, without
problems with my QHY163M and SGP 2.6.0.23.

@cbphoto

If you do not have the latest QHY driver, as Joel mentioned, you should definitely check those out. Also, if the problem persists, we will be in a better position to troubleshoot if you can also send the camera’s ASCOM logs. SGPro had been querying the camera’s temp successfully for hours and then the driver just stopped. I would be curious to see what the camera thinks is going on.

OK I just updated the QHY driver, restarted my computer, and the problem persists.

Attached is a log that I successfully captured 100 flat frames, and then wanted to capture 100 more flat frames when TEC temperature reads NA again.

To recover from this, I connected and disconnected from the Camera in SGP and it worked again.

[05-27-17 13:07:53.314][DEBUG] [CP Update Thread] ASCOM Camera: Error in GetCoolerTemp. : value of CCDTemperature is invalid. (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: value of CCDTemperature is invalid.sg_logfile_20170527124014.zip (81.7 KB)

Where is ASCOM Camera log please? I am not familiar with its location.

Ken, here is the ASCOM Camera log:
ASCOM.QHYCCD.1240.459570.txt (527.6 KB)

For everyone’s benefit (including mine), ASCOM logs are located in My Documents\ASCOM.