Error while loading my profile

Description

I’ve upgraded from SGP version 3 to the latest. All my profiles (tools - equipment profile manager) were stuck, with no values inside.
I’ve deleted all the profiles and created a new profile, filling in the blanks all the valus, than “Save” and “OK”. Reopening SGP, Equipment profile manager and this is the message:

and there are no values in the profile… basically I’ve lost all the values, it is not saving them.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: current latest (downloaded yesterday evening)

You haven’t lost them unless you’ve clicked the “save” button after receiving that message. We just need to figure out what part of the profile is failing to load. Can you make it available to us so we can see what is failing?

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/SharingProfiles.html

GSO RC10.sgp (30.7 KB)
Here the profile. thanks

I think I have it fixed, but the error I got was slightly different. In any case, you can grab it here:

Hi Ken, thanks but after installation of .exe you shared with me, the issue is still there. Please see the video attached.
MINI-OBSERVATORY - TeamViewer - Licenza gratuit…
Please let me know if you need more info/file from me. thanks

MB

I dont have access to the video. I requested it from you.

Now you have

I think that there is an issue initializing ASCOM switches on the EquipmentProfile manager (I am not certain). This would explain why I am unable to see the issue (because I probably have a different set of switch drivers installed). Do you have any ASCOM Switch drivers installed on your machine? If so, which one(s)?

I have pegasus astro but i control it via board relays, not ascom.

Ok, thx. Regardless of your workflow, do you have the Pegasus ASCOM drivers installed? I’d guess yes because I think they install everything at the same time, but I am not entirely certain. I think the issue is here. Do you know the last time you have updated that software?

Hi Ken,
if installed it is not used anyway… I have the pegasus astro since 6-7 months. I have to uninstall/update it?
I don’t use it because I have a switch board that can turn on/off the mont and the pegasus astro. I use the software of this board to use Pegasus astro.

ps: I inform you of a bug i found this morning: Flat calibration wizard: choose a filter, run it, it ask “do you want to save in the sequence?”, Yes, “ok it is saved in the squence”, ok, then you can’t close the flsat calibration wizard window (close button or X in the top-right corner)

I am not certain. What I do know at this point is that, regardless of use, SGPro recognizes the ASCOM switch drivers as options for use, but fails to initialize these drivers for reasons only known to the ASCOM driver. I am hoping that updating the Pegasus software will fix this issue.

Hi Ken,
I’ve updated to the latest version using Unity (https://pegasusastro.com/download/) but I have the same error, unfortunately…

more on the switches: this is the SGP form for switches… i see very strange labels in the dark grey… is this correct? no buttons,anything I can do here…

thanks

image.png

I was having the same issue with loading my equipment profile. I recently converted my mount to On-Step. looking into the ASCOM Profile explorer I found in the ASCOM Switch Driver tree section a driver called On-Step Switches, Which for this system I don’t use any switches. Once I deleted the On-Step Switch Key from the ASCOM Profile Explorer tree and restarted SGPro I am no longer getting this error. So for me the fix was to remove the On-Step ASCOM switch driver from my system.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Hi guys,
the issue has been solved by removing the On-Step Switches from ascom profile explorer!! thanks so much! Now Profile Equipment manager works correctly again!

Thanks for the report here. All I could tell was that SGPro was failing to initialize one of the switches. There is probably a better way to handle this failure though…