ESATTO focuser not syncing with SGP

Hello. I have an ESATTO 2” autofocuser that I’ve been using fir some time with SGP. Since last update it doesn’t seem to be syncing step position well with SGP. It will connect to SGP but then show zero position on focus controller . I have to reboot whole computer, sometimes several times, Then it will finally connect properly and works fine. Tried changing out cable last night but same problem. Changed the Com port as well. Device manager says it’s working fine. Any thought?

Assuming this is via an ASCOM port - it is not obvious that SGP version is the problem. Has anything else changed - like an MS update? You could also try running the ASCOM conform utility on the driver, to check, as far as ASCOM is concerned, that all is well.
The other possibility is a COM port clash. I set all my COM ports up manually to their port numbers. If I don’t, I have had a new device muscle in and grab a port that I thought was reserved for something else. Another thing to try is to check the VCP driver is up to date.
Lastly - check the power-up sequence. If I try and power everything up together, I have had instances where a Lakside focus module will not correctly connect via USB serial. If I power it up after the PC, it always does.

Thanks much! Will try it.

Make sure you’re using a fairly recent version of SGP as well. If I recall the ESATTO has some pretty high steps and we made changes a couple of months back to address some issues there.

Jared

Thanks! Yes I always run the most current version. Last night I tried powering it up last and it connected fine. We will see. And YES the EASATTO has some crazy steps. Mine goes to 350,000 and that’s only the 2inch!

If you happen to duplicate this again please attach logs and we can see what’s going on:

Thanks,
Jared