Feature suggestion: Refuse To Sync

Hello.

I know this or similar subject may have been brought up several times. I even see it in EQMOD forum as well. I am heading there after here to post the same topic.

Recently I have noticed that SGP appears to hang during plate solving. I have learned by “watching ansvr” that a solve actually has happened although SGP keeps saying it is trying to solve. Looking at the log files it appears that SGP is internally aware when sync is being refused by EQMOD, and SGP could, instead of announcing it is solving, announce that solve has succeeded but the mount refuses to sync. This will help the user to know what to do instead of waiting and thinking “now what!”.

In this kind of a case, what I have been doing is to slew back to home position, disconnect the mount in SGP, power the mount down, power it back up again and connect in SGP, take out of park and slew back to where it was before. Log file says:

“[07/08/20 21:55:14.318][DEBUG][Telescope Thread][PS;] ASCOM Telescope: Invalid Operation Exception in Sync : SyncToTarget() RaDec sync was rejected. (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: SyncToTarget() RaDec sync was rejected.”

Some people say that EQMOD may be refusing to sync because it is too close to NCP, but I have been watching, and that isn’t the case here.