Files will not download

I am still new to SGP. I have tried to do a sequence of bias, darks and lights. My darks and lights are each 9 minutes (although I have tried other settings). The bias sequence works fine, but I cannot get the darks to download. I haven’t even gotten to the lights. Everything appears to run fine during the taking of the photo. The download starts fine and then just stops. After a while the “Resume Sequence” button comes on and nothing else happens…

My computer should have sufficient resources. It is a i7 quad core processor, 500 gb ssd, 16 gb of ram running on windows 10. I am using a Mallincam Universe. Everything connects properly.

As I stated, it will download the bias file, but nothing else.

Any suggestions as to where I should start?

Thank you
Bill Hansen

Bill,
We’ll need logs to see what’s going on. Please see here for where to find them:

Jared

Thank you.

I will do a new run tomorrow and then post them to dropbox. I know that it must be something simple.

Captain Wm. Hansen, USCG (ret)

Hi Jared,

I placed the file in dropbox, to this address. Were you able to get the files?

Thanks

Bill Hansen

Bill,
You’ll need to post the share link to the dropbox. If you replied via email this was likely stripped.

Jared

Hi Jared,

I placed the files in dropbox with the address copied from your email, whichI believe was the forums address. Is there anothe email?

Thanks,

Captain Wm. Hansen, USCG (ret)

There’s not dropbox link posted on the forum. You can view the post here:

Also your signature with your phone number has been posted (I have removed them) but you may want to remove that before replying to these emails as they are posted to our public forum.

Jared

Here is the dropbox link.

Thank you for all of your assistance.

Bill Hansen

I’m not familiar with the Mallincam Universe. But I know that we don’t support most of the Mallincam line of cameras as they’re typically for video. Seems the Universe may be different in that regard. I’m not sure why it’s not downloading. It seems we request an image, it starts to take one but we never hear back from it. Maybe try other ASCOM drivers or even another application that uses ASCOM to see if it’s a problem with the ASCOM driver?

Sorry I’m not more help here.
Jared

I wll post this on the Mallincam site also to see if others use SGP with the universe. I also seem to be having using the Mallincam software. It may just be a ascom issue. I am wondering it i should remove and reinstall the driver.

I also have a Celestron Nightscape 8300. I will see if that will work.

Thank you for your assistance.

Bill Hansen