Filter/Focus Question

I usually have several events lined up in any given sequence to allow use of the different filters on my camera. When SGP starts a sequence, it performs a focus run. However, it doesn’t seem to check which filter is to be used on the first event that is checked to be run. I think that it performs the focus run with whatever filter is currently positioned in the camera. Is this true? Is it necessary to manually set the filter before starting a sequence?

No, you can configure which filter to use for focus runs in the focus settings. I use Lum as it requires the shortest exposures and speeds up the auto focus routine.

Hello Steve,
can you please show me where I can find this setting in the focuser settings?

Thanks,
Dietmar

First, you will need to have the “Use auto focus” checked if you want auto focus to run.

Then click on the “Set” button next to that check box to bring up the auto focus options dialog
Now check the “Auto focus with filter” option and chose which filter you want to use.

Thanks for the explanation. Since I am still waiting for my equipment I didn’t make it yet to this options list.
Dietmar