FITS Header for Flats Wizard

Hello folks,

I’ve got a question about the Flats Wizard. I’ve only just started using this and noticed after the fact that it does not record the FOCALLEN key word in the fits header. I use this after-the-fact to sort out which telescope belongs to which flat files.

I was going to say that I didn’t think this was an issue with flats that I manually add to my sequences, but looking back at some old files, I’m not sure that’s true… I seem to have some flat files with and some without this keyword. Not sure why that is, but (other than trying to sort out some archives) perhaps a totally separate issue.

Is there some way to add this data to the header when using the wizard? Now that I’ve discovered the flats wizard, I quite like the convenience. I just want to be able to reference back to the image headers and not rely on a folder structure to marry up my calibration data to my lights.

Update - I did sort my old archives… I’ve got all my files in a SQL database so matched up the camera and session dates with my light frames that way. Would still like to have that FOCALLEN keyword in my new files as I use a python script to sort thru my incoming data files - hence the SQL database. Could likely do a similar workaround with the light frames, but simpler if the files are all self contained.

Thanks!
Corey

Just for clarity, are you referring to the “Flats Wizard” as in the legacy tool that will automatically add flat frames to the sequence or are you referring to the newer AutoFlats?

Hi Ken… good catch. Sorry - I am referring to the new AutoFlats feature.

In the latest 4.4 beta that went out yesterday, I have added this header

Sequence Generator Pro 4.4.0.1317 (BETA) is Released for Test - Releases - Main Sequence Software

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks, Ken!

Forecast says clear skies tonight here and we hit a week of snow and clouds after that. Perfect timing… I will try to get after it tonight!