FLI Driver issue with 2 inches 7 positions filterwheel

I have a issue with my FLI filterwheel.
I am using SGP 3.2.0.613 and I have tried to set up my filterwheel with 3 different drivers: the original FLI USB driver, the ASCOM driver downloadable at FLI’s website and the ASCOM driver whose address I found on this forum: https://skypixels.at/HVB_Repository/Support/FLI%20CFW%20Setup.zip

On all of them I can successfully move from one position to another only if the difference among those two position is less than 3 or 4 (depending on the exact driver used).

In case of I am using the USB FLI driver and the difference is greater than 4 I get a message from SGP saying “failed to set filter. Aborting sequence.” If I use the ASCOM driver instead the filterwheel sets in the wrong position (if difference higher than 3). If I instead use the other ASCOM driver the filterwheel sets in the wrong position however SGP waits there for an indefinite amount of time waiting for the filterwheel to set.

In all cases if I disconnect and reconnect the filterwheel it set correctly on the filter number 0.

Concluding this: if I use the miniprogram given by FLI (using the FLI USB driver) the filterwheel works correctly.
Any idea to solve this?

Thank you

I would suspect you have a problem with your filter wheel. I have used the same for many years using just the FLI connection that is native to SGPro and it has worked perfectly. To state the obvious, but I assume you have defined the seven positions in the fLI filter wheel (Filter, Define Filter List).

I would exclude this for two reasons:

1. The filterwheel works well with the software given by FLI.
  2. I just bought it second hand and the previous owner used it without problems with other softwares.

I use a FLI 7 position filterwheel with my setup and no issues. I’m using the native FLI drivers in SGP.

Jared

I believe I may have a very old version here.
I found a label on the filterwheel where it is written FLI 1982 O4.
And there is an USB to Ethernet box with label FLI 1854 O4.

Do those part numbers match with yours?
Thank you.

Mine is a CFW2-7. It looks like this:

Jared

Mine also looks almost the same. But it is Blue color, not black. Is yours black color?

Mine is the black one. I’m not sure if that’s the older or newer one. I’ve had it for a handful of years and I’m pretty sure I purchased it 2nd hand.

Jared