Framing and Mosaic Wizard Error

I am getting an error when using the Framing and Mosaic Wizard. The error is with the Object entry text box. When I click in the text box the text says “Error loading cache”. When I try to click on the text or enter an object name, the program crashes.

I don’t have the exact error message at the moment but I can add it along with anything else that may help figure out the error. I tried repair/reinstall and that didn’t work. The computer is connected to the Internet.

If anyone could provide some recommendations or insight on this error I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Ciao,
Mel

So I was able to get more details about the error. See below:

When entering “Moon” in the Object text box, this error pops up: “Error fetching image data. Could not resolve “Moon” with SIMBAD or local databases”. However if I enter M31 in the Object text box it works! I guess certain naming conventions are required to be able to lookup by name. So this is somewhat functional!

When leaving the Object text box blank and clicking on “Error loading cache!”, this error pops up: “Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Unable to cast object of type ‘System.String’ to type ‘SequenceGenerator.MfwCacheItem’”. Pressing Continue goes back to Framing and Mosaic Window. Pressing Quit closes the application.

Here is a dump from the Details of this error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type ‘System.String’ to type ‘SequenceGenerator.MfwCacheItem’.
at SequenceGenerator.MosaicControlPanel.f(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

Hopefully this will help figure out why SGP is giving the Error Loading Cache error.

Thanks again.

Ciao,
Mel

Looks like your cache is corrupted. Do not click on the error text. It will cause a crash… we will fix that.

SGPro MFW does not support planetary objects. For now, go and clear your cache manually.

Help->Open Log Folder
Double click the “mosaicCache” folder
Delete everything inside of it