Framing and Mosaic Wizard issues or by design?

Hello,

I’ve been using SGP for almost a year and I have to admit to some frustrations. I’ve worked through many, but one, in particular, has me scratching my head. Maybe I am expecting something outside of its design, but it seems strange nonetheless.

In the Framing and Mosaic Wizard, I have been selecting an equipment profile before beginning my selection of an object to image. This works for setting the camera data definition section, but it appears that if I don’t select an equipment profile, it ignores the default equipment profile I set in the equipment profile manager (oddity #1). So a profile must be selected, but it only works for the camera data definition.

When generating a sequence from FMW, the equipment listed in the sequence is either nothing, or it picks up the equipment used from the prior sequence. I would have expected it to carry over the equipment profile selected earlier (oddity #2)

The control panel also uses the last equipment profile information from the previous sequence.

The only way I can make it work properly and avoid frustration is to go to File>Apply Profile to Sequence to set the equipment properly in the newly created sequence from FMW.

Is this by design or is this a bug?

Thanks

Dale

This is likely where the disconnect is coming from. The Framing and Mosaic Wizard does not create sequences it creates targets to add to sequences. The Framing and Mosaic Wizard will use the equipment in the current sequence.

This is by design, as mentioned…you’re adding targets to a sequence, NOT creating a sequence. So if you want to start fresh you’d want to create a new sequence using whatever profile and then launch the Framing and Mosaic Wizard.

Jared

Thanks Jared,

That helps to clear things up for me. I’ve been starting at the wrong place, with the wizard, thinking it created sequences. My next time in the observatory should go more smoothly.

Dale