Friend's Starlight Xpress Camera & Filter Wheel Not Showing Up in SGP

I’ve been weening a friend off MaxIm DL and FocusMax in favour of the much easier and nicer Sequence Generator Pro. Last night he was using MaxIm DL and FocusMax, having lots of issues with settings and such but he had already bought and installed Sequence Generator Pro on his laptop so seeing as MaxIm DL was controlling his Starlight Xpress SVX-H35 CCD camera (with the “Guide Head” attachment for it) and his Starlight Xpress USB Filter Wheel, I thought I’d configure it for him to try.

I disconnected MaxIm DL from all his devices, closed the program and left nothing open. I open SGP and for some reason, neither his CCD camera nor his filter wheel appeared listed in SGP’s lists. He appeared to have only the defaults listed:

I’m not 100% sure why because he definitely had ASCOM 6.1 SP1 installed and had ASCOM drivers for his Starlight Xpress devices installed, otherwise MaxIm DL would have not been able to pick them up. When I saw this, I actually tried uninstalling his current Starlight Xpress drivers and installing my own, which I use for my Lodestar and appear to be universal. That should have at least shown the CCD camera listed, or am I missing something we need to do?

Poor guy has been dealing with issue after issue and can’t image. This would be the final step in really getting him into it all. Thanks for any help you can provide! :smile:

Hi

you need to use the sx ascom drivers as well

http://www.sxccd.com/drivers-downloads

Regards

Harry

Hi Harry,

Thank you very much for these. I have sent download links to my friend and asked him to install them and check. It sounds like it’ll work.

Give my regards to Simon when you meet him, by the way. I have regular chats with him over e-mail! :smile:
Thanks again, I will post back to confirm if this worked out.

Kayron

Hi

simon is coming up to see me next week to talk pixinsight / sgp

He must be mad

Harry

Hi Harry,

Indeed, he’s really into his imaging and was telling me about your upcoming meeting.

By the way, the ASCOM drivers you linked did the trick. My friend is up and running with SGP and PHD2. Good times ahead! Tomorrow night we’re giving everything a test run! :smile:

Kayron

1 Like