Good Night System Strategy Question

In 2.4 Beta the GNS is producing the right messages in its own right. If you are running AAG Cloudwatcher, it has the ability to run scripts in the safe/unsafe condition through GNS. I’m not so clear what the overall implementation strategy is.

I think the following makes sense:

1. The AAG cloudwatcher should ideally be running and ‘safe’ before the sequence starts exposing and should be able to send a warning message, say in rainy conditions, through the GNS to an iOS device.Ideally SGP would also be instructed of the non-safe condition.
  2. SGP should be able to also send messages to GNS but not in a way that overrides an ‘unsafe’ message.
  3. Both programs should be able to detect if the GNS application is active and not start a new instance and cause a crash.

If that strategy makes sense, then I think there is a missing part of the jigsaw - AAG cloudwatcher needs to have a Boltwood style interface to register the safe/unsafe condition to SGP. Does that make sense?

The AAG cloudwatcher could have it’s own SafetyMonitor using it’s own protocol. They provide an activeX DLL that could be hooked into pretty easily.

Chris, I just got a note from Jaime in Spain - the AAG cloudwatcher is supposed to be compatible with the Boltwood ASCOM- just got a 2nd note, he has found it is not working for some reason. He’s looking into it.
He thinks that the best way to implement the GNS is to only install the one with SGP and not the separate application. If you uninstall the original GNS he thinks it might require SGP being re-installed. I’ll try it when I get home and report back.