Help Support for Mac Computer

Robert, I would like to reinstate my personal use status with TeamViewer but as noted above no one has offered to help me file the petition to request reinstatement. If you could lead me through it, I would greatly appreciate your help.
Steven

I have been really pleased with MRD, as it works on the iPad as well as the Mac. Ironically, the PC version of the app is awful. With iOS and OSX versions, I can have three virtual desktops open at the same time… but apparently not if I am operating from a PC! go figure…

I second the recommendation for MRD. Set things up on the MacBook Pro downstairs using MRD, do a polar align outside on the iPad using MRD, then back upstairs to fire uip SGP on the Mac Pro and start things running. And if I have any SGP/PHD issues I can copy the log file on Windows (using MRD), then paste it on OSX. Works flawlessly and you can’t beat the price.

I have also been down the pub with an iPhone and an iPad. I set the iPhone up as a hotspot and the iPad for checking up on things between beers. If things get out of control, I can use the phone to call my wife to close the roof :rofl:

After 20+ years of using a variety of remote access software products (for Windows), I can say that Microsoft Remote Desktop is great but requires VPN access if you have a remote observatory and it requires Windows Pro.

Team Viewer – forget. For me, it’s more trouble to use than it’s worth. Regularly kicked off if they think you are actually a company; hard to get white listed again.

AnyDesk is a good product but I see it as more complicated to use than necessary.

Google Remote Desktop - excellent performance; easy to install; easy to use; free to use for personal or company. Supports multiple remote connections. Has remote access (home to scope) and has remote support – allows someone else to connect to your PC. That remote person does not have to install it – just run it in their browser. Doesn’t require that you use Chrome or have a Gmail account.

remotedesktop.google.com

All that said, any product you have become familiar with will seem better than a product you have never used.

Charlie