Image History dock versus Image History panel

Description

The star graphs in the Image History docking module and Image History details panel are quite different. See the attached picture.
The docking module shows wide swings in the number of stars which makes me believe the number of stars has drastically changed. The line in the panel doesn’t change much when the number of stars is relatively flat.

Useful Info

I have seen this in prior versions as well.

Ver: 4.0.0.680

I think this is not an error just a matter of different scales for the vertical axis. The HFR graph in the “big” history module is quite useless because of the scale that unfortunately can not be adjusted by the user.

When looking at the small panel, look at the numbers at the top for “Last:” and “Low:” This will tell you how much they are actually varying. In your case, your last HFR was 1.69 and your low on the graph is 1.66. Very little variation.

The graph is autoscaled to the min and max values. So it looks much worse than it is.

I still think the small window should be a small version of the large window. I shouldn’t have to do any mental calculations. Simply looking at the window should be sufficient. I have gotten around the discrepancy by ignoring the small window and only using the large one.

Eric