Image Stretch difficult to adjust

Hi, I don’t know if anyone using SGP find it ignoring when trying to adjust the histogram manually with a laptop , it quite difficult to make that small adjustment that will stretch the image to make it look better. You can use the mouse, and this helps a bit, but if you don’t have the possible to have a mouse, moving the small triangles is basically impossible. I understand the auto stretch is is also available, and I use it constantly. Something similar te Maxlm DL screen stretch is great and would be ideal.

This is a personal choose, I like viewing at this stage of capturing images to view with the right gray tone.

Charles

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, but again its still a bit useless trying to adjust the super small triangles, especially when minimum moment is required. Its just not practical, a good example is MDL, but I am sure know this. Well its just a suggestion for developers if they ever consider it.

Carlos

I agree, i find that annoying as well. A solution to be implemented could be if there would be an option to enter the min/max values manually, alike on nebulosity.

+1. I could have sworn at one point that I was able to use the left and right arrows to adjust the triangles (after clicking on them), but that doesn’t work. Maybe it was another program.

Using the arrow keys would be a nice, unobtrusive way to make minor adjustments to the Image Histogram.

This is supported currently in SGPro. You don’t need to click on the arrows, just left click on the actual image (anywhere) to make sure it has focus. Use the left and right arrows to fine adjust the white point and ALT + arrows to adjust the black point. You can also use the mouse wheel if you’d like to.

@Ken, I just checked and you are correct. Moving the arrow keys DOES move the triangles and adjust the B and W numbers, but only by 10 at a time. Can that change to either a percent of the value or a larger number, like 50 or 100?
I had to hold the arrow key down for about 30 seconds before I saw a difference in the image (it started around 4000). I realize this is probably supposed to be a fine adjustment, but there’s too big a gap in the very course adjustment with the mouse and the super fine adjustment with the arrow keys.

Possibly? I don’t have super strong feelings on this, but the general strategy here is:

• Mouse wheel moves by increments of 100
  • keyboard moves by an order of magnitude less.

@Ken,

Not sure if it’s me not understanding something, or something weird going on.
After reading your post, I clicked in the histogram then tried the wheel (actually, the laptop trackpad with 2 fingers), and the image got brighter/darker by 100.

I then clicked on “View Options” to see what I had “Use mouse wheel to” set to - it’s “Zoom image” and has been for a long time. When I then clicked in the histogram and then used the wheel, the image zoomed in and out.

Is there a secret keyboard sequence that toggles between “Stretch image” and “Zoom image” that I may have accidently pressed?

Or something else that would explain this behavior?

Im unsure. There is probably something weird going on here… when the histogram slider has focus it seems like the mouse wheel event causes both zoom and stretch. When it doesn’t have focus, it does what the “use mouse wheel” option is set to do.

@Ken the 754 beta the arrow keys and shift arrow keys work great after clicking on the image or on the histogram sliders. Clicking in the histogram window then using the arrow keys highlights menu items (File, View, Sequence, …).
Shift arrow key stretching 50 is perfect - thanks for adding so quickly!
I’m glad clicking on the image works - with a trackpad it’s hard to click on the small histogram sliders.

I will test later using my laptop via remote access, but when on the PC itself with a real mouse it’s great.

Uff, what a relief …
Thanks