Include missing FITS keywords in flat frames

Some necessary FITS keywords are not written to the FITS header of flat frames by SGP (v4.2.0.942). The following keywords are missing:

BAYERPAT
XBAYROFF
YBAYROFF
FOCUSER
FOCPOS
TELESCOP
FOCALLEN
plus 20 other keywords that are not relevant in this case.

The missing FITS keywords BAYERPAT, XBAYROFF and YBAYROFF effectuate that PixInsight’s WeightedBatchPreprocessing (WBPP) script cannot automatically recognize the flat frames as CFA data. I consider FOCPOS and FOCALLEN as important for flat frames as well.

Please include the listed 7 FITS keywords in the FITS header of flat frames.

Bernd

1 Like

Hi @Jared, @Ken,

No comment?

The current behavior of SGP could be considered as bug as well.

Bernd

I’ll see about adding them. I know we won’t have the Bayer info available for all cameras. There is really no standard for what FITs keywords should be included. They’re almost all optional and at the discretion of whomever is writing the file.

Jared

Yes, this is true, unfortunately.

SGP is doing well in terms of FITS header for light frames, therefore I guess it must be a small step to also include the listed keywords for flat frames.

Thank you for looking at it.

Bernd

Looks like we’re already grabbing most of these for flats:

Do you have the Bayer Pattern and Offsets set in the Camera CP?

Jared

Hi Jared,

Oops - this is embarassing. I apologize for my mistake.

It turned out (as you supposed) that I had not set the bayer pattern in my (separate) sequence for capturing flat frames. This sequence did not contain telescope and focusser either, so SGP is doing what it is supposed to do. I am sorry.

Bernd

All good!

Jared

+1 on FOCALLEN for this one!